Monday, April 21, 2008

Reserve Weekend

This past weekend, I had Reserve duty. Luckily, it's at Lackland AFB here in San Antonio so I'm gone just a full day both Saturday and Sunday. But it does mean that Andy gets to be with Bryce all day, both days! The weekends are always a little stressful coming up to them since Andy and I do complete role reversals. However, they almost always end up being a great bonding time for Andy and Bryce.

On Saturday, Andy and Bryce met up with friends at the Fiesta Arts Festival downtown San Antonio. Bryce loved being outside, seeing all the people and kids. Andy said he was mesmerized by a guitar player! They had such a great day that we even went to get barbecue that night.

Sunday was a different story. As Andy said, Bryce was "Dennis the Menace" on Sunday. It started in the morning when Andy stopped into work with Bryce. I guess Bryce got a closed 7-Up can, threw it and it exploded on the carpetted floor. Back home, Bryce got a matchbox car that Andy hates having in the house due to its small size but I had bought it. Apparently Bryce got a piece of plastic off of it and swallowed it. Andy called me at the Reserves pretty upset -- I found some nurses to ask what we should do and they said as long as it's not in his airway, it should pass through him and he didn't need to go to the ER. The day did get better for them. ..they went to the park and Bryce had a great time playing.

Overall, Bryce didn't seem to miss me at all and was definitely loving on his daddy last night:)

No comments: