Sunday, October 26, 2008

Reserve Inspection & Nanna/Bampa Visit

Within a few days of getting back from Cincinnati, I had to work 9 out of 11 days at my Reserve unit. When I first joined the Reserves two years ago, I was named the project officer for a major inspection that our unit hadn't gone through in 20 years. This past weekend (Oct 18/19), it was finally time for the inspectors to grade our unit. Thanks to some really talented and hard working people, our unit not only passed the inspection but got a 95% Outstanding Rating. We were ecstatic!

After struggling to maintain my Reserve status these past two years with Bryce's health issues, it was especially gratifying to be there when the unit received the great rating. I am so thankful to my commander for letting me take a leave a absence during Bryce's first year and to TSgt Christina Reyna who left her three children at home many nights and weekends preparing for the inspection. Of course, I never could have done it without my own family support. I am so thankful to Andy for single parenting it on the weekends, my godparents help/encouragement and Andy's parents visits.

In fact, it was Andy's parents who came to San Antonio for a week to care for Bryce while I worked the crazy hours leading up to the inspection. Thankfully, I think they truly enjoyed being with Bryce for a week and I know Bryce loved it (Brody too!). Below are some pictures from their trip here.

The first two pictures are from a corn maze that Andy and his parents went to. Bryce LOVED being able to touch and play with the gears of the tractor.

Bampa feeding the goats with Bryce.

Bryce continues to like sports. With Nanna and Bampa here, he loved playing baseball with a team. This time, before he would bat, he always got Bampa's hat. It was hilarious and adorable.


Here is Nanna with Bryce at the Zoo. He enjoyed running up and down a small creek, getting wet.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Thank goodness for Nana and Bampa! It looks like thay all had a blast! I wish I could have seen him on that tractor...I bet he loved it!!!