Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hawk's Nest

I can't believe living on base that we have a hawk's nest right around the corner from our house. They have a HUGE nest in a tall pine tree where there is a mommy, daddy and two babies. Although the babies look just as big as the parents to me!

My first experience with the hawks was when I drove around the corner and saw the huge wingspan of a bird taking off from the ground with something hanging from its mouth. I finally realized it was a hawk carrying a squirrel away. It was amazing.

We get to see the hawks almost daily when we go for a walk. They stand guard in a small tree that is right by the road. Sometimes, there are 2 or 3 in the tree and don't seem bothered by the cars or people. Although I don't have the right photo equipment to take a great picture of the hawk, I couldn't resist at least one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all - I must admit that I have not been very good about reading your blogs about what is going on in your life. I read the ones you have posted and thought they were very good. The first kiss was very touching - The baby baker receipt was funny (how did you come up with this entertainment?) Your other blogs filled me in on what you guys have been up to. I hope that i make this a daily event reading your blog Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I pray that the doctor will find a cure for Bryce. Take care and God bless. Uncle Bob

Silver said...

visit me back at my Blog